In the first program, Guardian provides useful information about proper coding and what constitutes complete documentation for a claim and what are best practices to obtain prompt benefits to your patient. In the second part of the talk, Guardian discusses patients and their plans, so you can help balance their benefits with their expectations.
Discount Code : DHY7
By: Rogers, Mary Beth
When it comes to reimbursement for sleep apnea appliances and working your way through the bureaucratic maze of Medicare, Mary Beth Rogers comes to the rescue! If you treat sleep apnea patients or are thinking of expanding patients services to include this vitally important (life-saving) therapy, then this course is a must.
Mary Beth will guide learners to understand Medicare policy and billing guidelines for oral appliance therapy, teaching you what you need to know and what traps to avoid. She will explain, in clear and precise terms, the acronyms you need to know - ABN, DMEPOS, PECOS (to name a few) – and what to do about them.
Learners taking these courses will:
- Be able to identify coverage criteria for Medicare code E0486 – Custom Oral Appliances
- Understand coding guidelines for oral appliances
- Understand how to identify and collect medically necessary documentation prior to treatment
- Have a working knowledge of basic claims submission and use of correct modifiers on the CMS 1500 Claim Form
- Understand options in providing treatment for Medicare beneficiaries
- Know how to apply to Medicare to become a DME supplier for oral appliances
Discount Code : DH5C